SSM St. Clare Health Center
SSM St. Clare Health Center, part of the SSM Health Care group of seven hospitals, is the newest in and around St. Louis. St. Clare is a state-of-the-art hospital that sought input on its design from doctors, patients, architects and patient advocates during a four-year planning process.
SSM St. Clare Health Center is the successor to St. Joseph Hospital in Kirkwood, which closed March 30, 2009, as SSM St. Clare Health Center opened in Fenton.
St. Clare, born in 1212, formed her own community of sisters that depended on donations to survive. St. Clare, whose mission was to serve the poor, was an influential spiritual advisor to St. Francis of Assisi, popes and other church leaders.
SSM St. Clare Health Center has 154 all-private patient rooms, 30 emergency services exam rooms, 12 labor-delivery rooms and 10 OB/GYN patient rooms. All health records at the health center are electronically compiled with medical histories and test results available at the bedside.
There are 1,100 employees and 800 physicians on the health center medical staff. The 54-acre Fenton campus includes an outpatient care facility, a medical office building and an outpatient surgery center. SSM St. Clare Health Center also operates a Weight Loss Institute and a Sleep Center.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hrs
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: March 30, 2009
- Payments accepted: Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Affiliations: Franciscan Sisters of Mary
- Financial assistance: Discounts and subsidies
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of beds: 154
- Type: General
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Urology
- Visiting hours: Daily, 24hrs
- Helipad: Yes