Saline Valley Fire Protection District
The Saline Valley Fire Protection district is the result of a merger between two longstanding districts in north central Jefferson County. Saline Valley went into service on Jan. 1, 2009, combining the services of the former Shady Valley Fire Protection District (established in 1959) and the Springdale Fire Protection District (started in 1977).
Saline Valley has three stations: House No. 1, at 1771 Springdale Blvd.; House No. 2, at 2198 Saline Road; and House No. 3, at 4535 Old Highway 21.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm
- Founding Date: Jan. 1, 2009
- Services: Emergency response, fire prevention and education and safety seat installation.
- Number of firefighters: 3015
- Number of trucks: 7
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer