Staff members of Lindbergh High School’s Pilot newsmagazine were hard at work the first several weeks of school to produce the Oct. 3 issue of Pilot, which they released this week.
Because students are able to post time-sensitive pieces to the Lindbergh Lookup website, including a photo of the day, this year's print publication focuses more on features and design, according to a piece by staff writer Jamie Gender.
Here are Patch’s five recommended reads from their latest issue:
- “Walk With Purpose”: The Spirit of St. Louis Marching Band reveals the personal connection their new uniforms have to former band director Bob Spieglman, who died after battling Hodgkins Lymphoma.
- “The Youngest Paralympian”: Freshman Colleen Young reflects on her experience at the 2012 London Paralympic Games.
- “Hustle to the Top”: Senior Matthew Durney discusses his clothing line, HuSTLe Clothing Designs.
- “We Are Lindbergh”: Meet the captains of this fall’s varsity teams.
- “Tech-nically Advanced”: Students examine the role of iPads in the classroom.
Don't forget to check students' latest online work on Lindbergh Lookup.