With the start of a new school year August 16, the Transportation Department soon will begin running their regular bus routes to safely transport students to and from school. To ensure the safe departure and arrival of all students, here are a few back to school reminders.
• Be aware of school buses loading and unloading students. When the bus is preparing to stop, its yellow lights will flash. The lights will flash red when students are entering or exiting the bus.
• State law requires all vehicles traveling in both directions on roads with fewer than four traffic lanes to stop when a bus is loading or unloading.
• Be alert for students walking to and from their bus stop, especially on neighborhood streets and in school zones, and be mindful of children crossing the street after exiting the school bus.
• When preparing your child to leave for the bus, help them secure their belongings in a backpack so they will not drop any items when walking to the bus stop.
• Advise your children to be careful when traveling to and from the bus stop; groups of children are more visible to motorists. Also make sure your children leave home in plenty of time to walk to their bus stop without rushing.
• Before the first day of school, prepare your child by practicing how to walk to and from the pickup/drop-off corner and when and where to wait for their school bus.
If you have any questions or concerns about bus routes and/or stops, please contact the Transportation Department at 636.671.0033.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something