The Missouri Department of Transportation will close the westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette Bridge over the Missouri River the weekend of November 2-4. The westbound bridge will remain closed until fall 2013.
The eastbound I-70 bridge will be used to carry three lanes of traffic in each direction. The exit ramps to Fifth Street in St. Charles will remain open.
Motorists are advised to use Route 370 and Route 364 as alternate routes during the closure.
Are you affected? How are you going to manage? St. Charles Patch suggests some detours and answers questions.
All lanes on eastbound I-64 downtown from Jefferson to the Poplar Street Bridge will close November 2-5. The ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 are closed around the clock through November.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock through November.
- I-70, St. Louis, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- I-70, St. Louis, the express lanes into downtown is closed until mid-November.
- Wellington, St. Louis, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.