A teacher is being accused of sexually touching a 10-year-old student during a home school session in Lake Saint Louis.
Joseph T. Maddock, charged Monday in St. Charles County with first-degree statutory sodomy, taught at several private and public schools in the St. Louis County and St. Charles County since 2001, including schools in the Rockwood and Lindbergh school districts.
Lake Saint Louis Police said Maddock, 34, of the first block of Cedar Bluff in Lake Saint Louis, met the boy and his parents while he was teaching at another school. Police reported he convinced the boy’s parents to teach the boy in a home-school environment.
Maddock had been teaching at the boy’s Lake Saint Louis home five days a week during the school year. Police said he would rub the boy’s back and stomach as he read stories.
During a reading session in January, Maddock put his hand down the front of the boy’s pants and touched his penis and pulled his hand out, according to a court document.
Maddock has been teaching at Dynamic Pathways in O’Fallon this year, police said. According to a court document, he previously taught at the following schools during the dates indicated:
- Andrews Academy in Creve Coeur in 2012
- Epworth School in Webster Groves, 20011
- The St. Michael School of Clayton, 2008-2010
- The Wilson School in Clayton, 2007-2008
- Rockwood School District, 2006-2008
- Rock Springs Elementary in Florida, 2003-2005
- YMCA – Parkway after-school care, 2002-2003
- Lindbergh School District Early Child Development, 2001-2002
Capt. Chris Digiuseppi of Lake Saint Louis Police said they are aware of one victim. He said if other victims are discovered, they will be added to the case against Maddock.
Maddock is being held by St. Charles County Corrections. Bail was set at $50,000, cash only.
For more crime information on Fenton-High Ridge Patch, see the following articles:
- Trailer Full of Tools Stolen From Construction Site
- Blame the Victim? Do We Encourage Burglaries?