Are you looking to have the best Halloween party on the block? Then look no further because Patch has everything you need to know to throw a killer Halloween bash.
Angel of Death Cheese
- 1 large bulb garlic, roasted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 –4 fresh sage leaves, finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
Combine roasted garlic with cream cheese and beat until smooth. Add Gorgonzola, cream, sage, salt and pepper. Press into a serving dish and sprinkle with pistachios. Serve with crackers or pita crisps. Makes 8-10 servings.
Creatures from the Deep (Peppered Shrimp)
- 1 pound (large to jumbo sized) shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 3 Tbsp. worchestershire sauce
- 3 Tbsp. white wine
- 2 Tbsps. olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsps. paprika
- 1/4 tsps. red pepper
- 1/4 tsps. white pepper
- 1/4 tsps. dry mustard
- 1/4 tsps. kosher salt
- 1 tsps. dried thyme leaves
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Extra chopped green onion
- Hot red pepper flakes (as garnish)
In a bowl, combine the shrimp, worchestershire sauce and white wine. Heat oil in a skillet over a medium high heat; add garlic and cook for a minute. Remove shrimp from bowl, reserving liquid. Return shrimp to skillet, toss in spices and green onion and saute 2 minutes. Remove to serving dish.
Add reserved worcestershire mixture to pan and bring to a boil. (For a clearer sauce with more body, stir 2 teaspoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water and add to sauce and cook until thick).
Serve as a dipping sauce for shrimp.
Sprinkle shrimp with chopped green onion and red pepper before serving. Serves 6-8
Halloween Chex Mix
(Courtesy General Mills)
- 8 ounces white chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups Corn Chex or Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups bite-size pretzel
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1/4 cup orange and black candy decors (sprinkles)
In a large microwaveable bowl, microwave chopping baking bars uncovered on high for 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Gently stir in cereal, pretzels and raisins until evenly coated. Stir in candy corn and decors. Spread on wax paper or foil until cool and choclate is set, about 30 minutes. Break into chunks. Makes 18 1/2 cup servings.
Need to decorate for the big bash? Check out our previous Halloween story .
Black Cat Martini
(Courtesy HINT Essence Water)
- 1 1/2 oz. Blackberry HINT Essence Water
- 2 oz. Blavod Black Vodka
- 1/2 oz. Chambord
- 2 Blackberries, garnish
- Mix the above, garnish and serve.
The Green Beast
- 1 part Pernod Absinthe
- 1 part fresh lime juice
- 1 part part, simple syrup
- 4 parts water
Combine all ingredients in a punch bowl over ice and serve in punch cups.
Spooky Graveyard Pie
- 3 cups (about 32 cookies) finely ground chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs, divided
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 8 chocolate filled vanilla wafer cookies
- Black and purple decorator writing gels
- Wonka SweeTARTS Spooky Gummies Candy*, Wonka SweeTARTS Skulls & Bones, or other assorted spooky Halloween candies
- Nestle Butterfinger and Nestle Crunch candy bars, crumbled
Combine 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs and butter in 9-inch deep-dish pie plate. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and upsides of pie plate. Set aside remaining 1 1/2 cups crumbs for dirt topping.
Whisk together evaporated milk, egg yolks and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is very hot and thickens slightly; do not boil. Remove from heat; stir in morsels until completely melted and mixture is smooth. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs. Press crumbs down gently. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
Decorate cookie tombstones as desired with writing gels. Sprinkle crumbled candy bar topping over the top of the pie. Insert tombstones around edge of pie. With spoon, mound cookie crumbs to form "fresh graves." Decorate graves with gummies and Skulls & Bones. Makes 8 servings.
*Recipes from previous Patch stories by Suzanne Corbett.