So how do you make the perfect pork steak? I asked the guys over GrillinFools.com for advice.
1) Take a nice 1 inch thick pork steak and season it with a little salt, pepper and your favorite dry BBQ rub.
2) Send your significant other to the backyard armed with beer and a charcoal grill. I’ve discovered that it’s impossible to pay attention to a BBQ grill while you’re cooking the rest of dinner inside and watching the kids. Better yet, send the kids outside too.
3) Set up a fire on one side of the grill and toss some wood chips on the charcoal for extra smoke flavor. You want to smoke the pork first, away from the coals, for about an hour or so until the meat is 150 degrees.
4) Move the steaks to the hot side of the grill to sear them. Get both sides.
5) Once seared, move the meat back to the cool side of the grill and add sauce and a splash of beer. Let them soak up more smoke for at least 10 minutes. Done!
For more details on pork steaks and photos, read the full article over at StlMotherhood.com.