Invite a friend
9th Annual All-Ability Expo
March is Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month and kicking off the events will be the 9thAnnual All-Ability Expo. The Arnold Commission on Aging and Disabilities along with Fox C-6 Schools and the Jefferson County Developmental Disabilities Resource Board will be sponsoring this event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. March 2 at the Fox C-6 School District Service Center; 849 Jeffco Blvd. The event is free and open to anyone.
- Information booths from more than 20 agencies providing services and supports to individuals with developmental disabilities or are aging.
- Demonstrations / acts by individuals and groups with varying abilities
- Visit from 11:00 – 1:00 by the St. Louis Rams Cheerleaders
- Awards / Recognition:
- 2013 Service Awards for individuals who have given back to their community.
- Fox C-6 School Excel Scholarship presentation.
- Hulane “Huey” Strong award (initial presentation in honor of Huey Strong the last original member of the Arnold Commission on Aging and Disabilities who passed away last summer).
Demonstrations this year will be:
- State Award Winning: Adrenaline Explosion “Bomb Squad” cheerleading from O’Fallon, MO. This is an integrated cheer squad made up of young people with developmental disabilities and their coaches / buddies.
- Movement in Motion Dance Troupe includes our county’s own Gracie Gibson. This dance troupe demonstrates the abilities of those with cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities.
- Turner Center for the Arts. An art studio in Maplewood, MO will be demonstrating their creations throughout the expo.
A good time is sure to be had by all. So mark your calendars. For additional information call JCDDRB Service Coordination at 636-282-4444 and ask for Bill Knittig.