Is your senior loved one lonely during the day? Have they lost interest in activities that they used to enjoy? Are you worried about leaving them home alone, unsupervised while you work? An adult day care may be the perfect solution.
Adult day care centers provide a place for seniors to receive care and companionship during the day, while their caregivers work or receive respite from the difficulty of care giving. A caregiver drops their loved one off at the facility in the morning and picks them up at the end of the business day. Adult day care fills the gap between independence and total care.
The benefits of adult day care are significant for seniors. They include the following:
- A safe, secure place for your senior loved one to spend their day.
- Adult day care offers the opportunity to socialize and make new friends.
- Staff members and other seniors offer mental stimulation, which can improve mood and help your loved one remain mentally alert.
- Adult day care centers offer physical activities that can be tailored to the senior’s ability, such as structured walking activities, laughter yoga and stretching exercises.
- Adult day care centers provide nutritious lunch and snacks, as well as a social environment in which to enjoy their meal. The staff can monitor food intake and coordinate with the family to discuss solutions for a decline in appetite.
- Adult day care can benefit seniors financially. The cost of adult day care is significantly less expensive than home health care or nursing home care. Many long term insurance plans will cover adult day care. Medicaid will also cover the cost.
Bon Vivant Adult Day Club is the premier adult day care provider located in Fenton, MO. Our mission at Bon Vivant Adult Day Club is to ensure our members enjoy Good Living Longer. We are licensed by the State of Missouri and welcome the opportunity to meet with you and your loved one to answer any questions you have about adult day care. Please feel free to visit our website at www.goodlivinglonger.com or call us at 636-343-1600.
Article by Beverly McKee, MSW, LCSW