Five Places to Pick Apples In and Around St. Louis
Check out these local places to pick apples.
We've got a round up of five places you might not have heard of where you can pick apples and one you probably know about already.
1. Herman's Farm: Herman's Farm in St. Charles has Jonathan, Red Delicious and Jon-A-Gold and Honeycrisp Apples available for picking from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. each day.
2. Thierbach Orchards: Thierbach Orchards, located in Marthasville, MO, has apples available for picking on Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. and to 6 p.m. for $1.30 a pound. They have bags available for you to use. Varieties include Prima, Gala, Honeycrisp, Missouri Red, Jonathan, Lura Red, Ellstar, Empire and Ultra Red Deli, among others.
3. Centennial Farms: Located in Augusta, MO, Centennial Farms has pick your own apples available Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m with Jonathan, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Empire and Jonagold available. They also have a farm funland which has an admission to get in.
4. Mills Apple Farm: Across the river in Illinois, Mills Apple Farm is about 25 minutes away from St. Louis. Head out on a fall weekend, ride the wagon and pick a bag full of apples. Check out their calendar for a schedule of events including Apple Festival Weekend Sept. 22 and 23.
5. Broom Orchard: Located in Carlinville, IL, Broom Orchard is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. Sunday. The orchard offers pick your own Braeburns, Jonagold, Red and Golden Delicious, Jonathans and Empire. Their annual apple festival is Sept. 22 and 23.
6. Eckert's Orchards: The popular , IL destination for apple-picking has an Apple Fest underway that continues this weekend. Wagon rides, music, live entertainment, great festival foods, children’s activities and much more make apple pickin’ good time for everyone! Whether riding a pony or feeding a goat, the young ‘uns will enjoy getting acquainted with common farm animals. There is a children’s carnival and/or activities, as well as funnel cakes, roasted sweet corn, caramel apples and more to tempt all taste buds. Apple varieties include Jonathan Red and Golden Delicious.