A little piece of Fenton will be shipped away to St. Louis County's Faust Park for preservation. The old blacksmith shop at 301 Main Street in Old Towne Fenton is being donated to Faust Park's historic village.
Check out Seven Old Fenton Buildings, Then and Now
The blacksmith shop, which has been listed for sale with no takers, dates back to 1908.
This week, St. Louis County Executive Charlie A. Dooley asked the County Council for legislation authorizing funds to move the building to Faust Park, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Faust Park's Historic Village currently has 16 building from the 19th century, including four homes. The park hold several events each year where historic reenactors don costumes and show children how life was different a hundred years ago. The park currently demonstrates blacksmith skills in an old barn.
The old blacksmith shop, with its wild west archtecture, would be the youngest building in the collection.