Contest for Teens: Preventing Substance Abuse
Teens living in Rockwood School District boundaries can enter public service announcements by Jan. 22. Winners will be featured locally as well as on MTV, MTV2 and Nick.
Rockwood Drug-Free Coalition staffers are hosting an "As Seen by Teens" public service announcement (PSA) and poster contest about preventing substance abuse. Entries must be submitted by Jan. 22.
To be eligible, students must attend school or live in the Rockwood School District.
Winning entries will be featured at Six Flags St. Louis, schools, city halls, fitness centers and on TV channels, including MTV, MTV2 and Nick. First, second and third place prizes, and a People's Choice Awards, will be observed for the best high school and middle school PSAs and posters.
A judging and awards ceremony will be Feb. 20 at B&B Theatres in Wildwood.
- Entries must include at least one statistic related to alcohol, tobacco or other drug use.
- Entries cannot include copyright materials.
- A submission form must accompany entries.
- Only entry per student.
- Posters should be 11x17 inches or 8.5x11 inches in size.
- Video PSAs must be 30 seconds long and in a format specified on the submission form.